“Quality professional tripod w/superior design improvements.”
Manfrotto 74-inch 475B Pro Geared Tripod
- Solid tripod/head plate has an industry standard 3/8-inch screw and three angled grub screws which stop the head from unscrewing accidentally in use and also block unwanted panoramic rotation or play between tripod and head
- Geared center column allows safe, precise height adjustment even under heavy loads
- Built-in, carefully hand-set bubble spirit level helps make sure your horizons really are horizontal
- Lockable, mobile spreader-to-column junction ring lets the tripod legs be set at various angles to either increase stability or reduce footprint
- Built-in mid-level spreader adds anti-torsional rigidity and stops the tripod legs from accidentally being knocked wider apart. Compared to a ground-level spreader or dolly, the mid-level spreader has the advantage that it stays well out of the mud and dirt and is more suitable for use on uneven terrain.
- Foldaway handle avoids damage in transport
- Anti-rotation tubing and leg collars make for a tripod that’s easier and faster to open, position and close. Manfrotto uses several different types of anti-rotation system — on Magfiber and Digi series tripods, the elliptical or three-faceted shape of the concentric tubes means they cannot rotate, while on round-tubed tripods small protrusions down the length of the tube keep sections perfectly aligned with totally free, independent leg angles the tripod can be positioned to precisely the height and spread you need.
RECENT REVIEW : “Love this tripod. This unit is sturdy enough to handle my Canon 80D with a Canon 100-400 zoom lens with NO shake. This tripod stays where you adjust it until you readjust it. This should be stating the obvious, but it’s really not the case with tripods that cost less than this.”